PLEASE READ the following policies prior to submitting your online reservation form for your event in the InterFaith Common Room. (Reservation Request Form below)
Food & Alcohol
- Alcohol: Alcohol is not permitted in the building at any time.
- If you would like to use the kitchen to cook for your approved event, you must reserve the kitchen prior to the event date. (See Kitchen Rules below)
Guest Policy for Special Events
- The group/person hosting the event shall be responsible for the conduct of their guests, for ensuring they adhere to all building policies, and for any damage caused to the facilities as a result of their non-compliance. A guest is defined as someone who does not normally have access to the building and is not affiliated with Williams College.
- If you should have additional setup requests for your event such as additional chairs and tables, etc. to be delivered by Facilities, fees for this service will be applied to your student organization’s account.
- Event start and end times are firm to avoid scheduling conflicts. If additional time is needed, please contact the Chaplains’ Office. (597-2483 or [email protected])
- Tables and chairs are not permitted to be set up in the hallways per fire safety policies.
- Nothing may be glued, tacked or nailed in any way to hallway walls, doors, floors or ceilings.
- Event hosts are responsible for disposing of all trash in the proper trash/recycle receptacles prior to vacating the room.
- All materials including food/drink and catering materials must be removed immediately after any event. Any items left will be discarded.
We are excited to have a kitchen for our student religious groups to use for special events. Please be mindful of others sharing the common kitchen space and keep the area clean and functional. Here are some basic courtesy rules to follow so we can keep the kitchen space running smoothly.
- Label everything you put in the refrigerator or cabinets for your event with your name and the name of the approved event to avoid having your items discarded.
- If you intentionally wish to leave snacks (such as candy, chips, cookies) in the kitchen to share with others, please write “Share” or “Help Yourself” on it, date it, and put it in a sealed container or bag.
- Wash, dry and put away all dishes that you use. Do not leave them lying in the sink and on the counter. You may soak them in the sink for a limited time if they need to be soaked but please remove them before you leave the premises.
- Please make sure all surfaces are left spotless when you leave.
- Wipe out the microwave after use.
- Throw away or recycle any wrappers, containers, left over food, etc.
- Do not leave leftovers in the refrigerator.
- If you run out of (paper towels, sponges, dish soap etc.), please leave a note for custodial staff or let someone in the Chaplains’ Office know. (597-2483 or [email protected])
- You are welcome to use any of the equipment within the kitchen as long as it is returned clean and in the same condition as you found it. See Nancy for key to closet with pots and pans.
- You may not remove any of our kitchen equipment, utensils, pots and pans, etc. from the kitchen at any time. This ensures that every group event has access to all the equipment.
- Accidents do happen; if you damage any equipment please let us know immediately so it can be repaired or replaced.
Let us know immediately if there is a problem with any aspect of the facility so we can rectify the problem as soon as possible. This includes problems with kitchen equipment, refrigeration, sinks, stoves, plumbing, bathrooms, garbage collection, electrical, etc.
Please help us enforce these rules.
If you see someone violating these courtesy rules, please let us know.